In these sessions we carefully investigate what is out of balance. We look at where stresses may be interfering with your baby's physiology. We look at potential imbalances in your microbiome (the body's bacterial ecosystem). We look at the rhythm of your days and learn to understand your baby's cues.
I support your baby's well-being and the health and happiness of the whole family through scientific research, gentle work with your baby's nervous system and by taking the time to understand your family's lifestyle and needs.
When working with babies, I often work with mother and baby together.
Most sessions for babies are held in person and last one hour. On occasion, consultation may be held over the phone or Skype and may last one hour or a portion of the hour.
Babies bring with them so much joy and many demands. For those of us who are not familiar with newborns, the fullness may feel surprising. While babies have a lot of needs day and night, if you feel like your baby's needs are impacting your quality of life, there are ways to find balance.
Among the issues sessions for babies address:
- Sleep issues
- Digestive distress
- Traumatic birth
- Weak or uncoordinated suck
- A baby who doesn't settle in at the breast
- A "high needs baby"
- A baby who was in the NICU
- Breastfeeding issues
- A baby who is not recovering from a tongue or lip tie revision
- A baby who arches away from you when in your arms or when you are trying to breastfeed
- A baby who can only sleep under very specific conditions
- A baby who has undergone many procedures