Motherhood touches us to our core. We experience deep challenges, magical moments and big emotions. It is possible to use the intensity motherhood offers to better understand yourself and your baby. There is support to help both you, your baby and your family thrive.
Sessions for mothers address a broad spectrum of challenges and experiences, including but not limited to:
- Struggles with anxiety
- Feelings of exhaustion, overwhelm and depletion
- Resolution of traumatic birth experience (whether emotionally, physically, or clinically traumatic)
- A baby who won't sleep or who cries all the time, never giving you a break
- Feelings that you are doing everything wrong
- Concern about the well-being of your baby and unable to trust that she or he is healthy and well
- Feeling disconnected from your baby
- Breastfeeding challenges that no one seems able to resolve
- A desire to be more engaged and support the healthy development of your baby's sense of well-being
- Establishing a rhythm with your baby that serves your family well into the future
- Support in the healing of cesarean incision
- Anxiety about going back to work
It is common for me to work with both you and your baby together. Oftentimes your challenges are the result of subtle challenges your baby is experiencing that can be resolved.
Sessions are carefully paced so as to not overwhelm. Sessions support integration and an ability to arrive in your new and current experience as a mother with a sense of resource and support.
These sessions may begin the day your baby is born or years later. It's never too early or too late.
Sessions may be held in person or over Skype and last one hour.